Sunday, March 6, 2016

This is why

Note to Self: 


This is one of the many reasons you've chosen him every day until now and will continue to choose him every day to come. 


Sometimes I sit and wonder how my husband and I ever came to be. I wonder this because if you knew us separately, you would wonder the same thing. Not because we don't make a good couple, but because we are quite different in a lot of ways.

I've had my whole life 'planned out' since the time I learned to think that far ahead, while Stefen loves spontaneity. I am the epitome of an overly anxious individual, while Stefen has this care-free, fun-loving personality. I'm a perfectionist (too much so) and he knows the value of making mistakes. I hate peanut butter and he loves it (gross). These are just a few of the differences we have, but it's the next one that I have been thinking about lately.

When the photographer says, "Pretend like I'm not here and just be yourselves," I look at him for ideas because I want the picture to be perfect . . . and without hesitation he tries to eat my whole face.


This is one of the many reasons why I choose him. Every day.

Because he brings out the silly in me. Because he cuts through the walls I've built. Because he knows how to make me laugh when that's the farthest thing on my mind. Because he never stops being himself. Because every day with him is an adventure that I never could have seen coming. Because, no matter what, I know that I can count on him.

He's a goofball, but he's my goofball. And while a previous self may have cringed at the thought of marrying someone who wasn't as 'serious' as I pretend to be, he is everything I need. I am so blessed to be his wife!

No comments:

Post a Comment