Monday, March 2, 2015

100% Track Record

Note to Self: 

"Your track record for getting through bad days so far is 100%"


Bad days happen. Sometimes they happen frequently. Lately my definition for a "bad day" has been a day when I feel as if I can't do anything right. Or days when I feel like I can't do everything that I have to. I take a hit to my self esteem and well-being each time I let one of those days get the best of me. But it's so hard not to!

Life can be overwhelming, no matter what your circumstances are. That's life! 

I'm here to tell you, though, that you CAN do it! 

Whenever I have one of these bad days, I think of a quote I came across a few years ago:


I'm not completely sure who to quote for this. I found it on pinterest (I think) without a name. I did a little research and one person says that the author is Rich Bluni. That's the only name I could find, so I'm going to go with it! (Pleas let me know if you know otherwise!)

Now, I said that on bad days I think of this quote. What I should say, instead, is that I TRY to think of this quote. It's easier said than done! Just ask my husband. He'd be sure to tell you that I don't usually just "snap out" of a bad day when I think of this. Really, this quote leads to a certain frame of mind - one that's not necessarily easy to get into. Personally, though, I find this to be easier than just saying to myself "It's going to be OK." 

When people tell me it's going to be OK, I usually don't respond well to it. I know they mean well! And the truth is they're probably right. But can I know that for sure? No. That's why I love this quote so much... because it is true! So far I've made it through 100% of my bad days. And that's awesome! I'm awesome! (Positive self talk also helps to get out of the "bad day" rut. Don't feel bad about telling yourself that you're freaking amazing!) 

Be kind to yourself. Know that bad days happen and that you have, can, and will get through them!

No comments:

Post a Comment